While starting a family can be one of the most joyful times of a couples’ relationship, it can also be one of the most stressful. A difficult period of adjustment is common. Counseling can lead to more productive communication and help stop negative dynamics from gaining a life of their own.
For most people, parenting is both profoundly rewarding and taxing. As flight attendants
tell parents to put on their own oxygen masks before assisting their children, we encourage parents to take care of their own emotional well being in order to help their children develop.
Parenting can be a rewarding endeavor, yet feelings of joy are often accompanied by a great deal of stress. Many parents find themselves struggling with the following types of questions:
· I don't feel like myself--will I ever again?
· Will my marriage/relationship ever be the same?
· Why am I so sad, anxious, angry...?
· Is it normal to feel apprehensive during pregnancy?
· How can I balance family, work, and a social life?